Rockhampton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
October 26th 2007
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Rockhampton. I didn't end up witting anything today in the note book I had away with me but from what I remember it was a pretty quiet night. Not to much going on in Rockhampton.

That night we had an optional dinner and excursion to a crocodile farm. We had a tour at night of the crocs and learnt how to spotlight there eyes. They have a big croc there with half a jaw as he was aggressive and kept attacking other crocs and one day - he lost that fight. I remember the guy who owned the croc farm was pretty hot thou. All us girls thought so.

When we were out in the dark one of the girls let out a crazy scream. So everyone jumped. It scared the hell out of the guide too. I can't remember what the scream was about but the guide was like its not something you want to hear when we are surrounded by crocs.

Dinner was included and was really good. It was a help yourself kinda buffet like thing but more of a home cooked feel. There was crocodile soup which everyone had most actually had seconds. It tasted like a cream of chicken soup with a weird taste to it. It went down much easier then the volovants in Alice Springs.

After the tour we pretty much all went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb