Great Barrier Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
July 27th 2012
Published: July 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke op early to get ready to for the trip to the Great Barrier Reef. At 08:00 we arrived at the marina and boarded the Poseidon catamaran. We met a Dutchman, Herald, who lives and works as a dive master in Port Douglas and we had a nice chat with him. The weather was beautiful with clear blue skies and warm sunshine. On the way out to the reef we stopped a couple of times to watch humpback whales. It was a beautiful sight to see the whales bask in the sun and splash with their fins. On the reef we stopped at three different sites to watch the varied marine life. We saw hard and soft corral, anemones, and fish of all kind from small guppy like fish to a shark and a moray eel. From the boat we also saw a manta ray as we arrived at last site. The water was around 23 degrees and we wore wet suits to keep us warm for the hour or so that we spent in the water per site. We had a terrific time at the reef and are sure we will come back some day.



When we got home we just had some soup for dinner and crashed into bed as a day at sea and in the water really tiring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb