Me and the Hoffman's


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
June 1st 2010
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After surviving the Northern Territory and the worst hostel in the world (a whole other naked Russian man in bathroom story), ive made it to the East Coast and life has returned to normal. Port Douglas is a small town north of Cairns where ive been re-charging my batteries and hitting the beach.

Managed to book myself on a day tour where i was the only passenger, except The Hoffman's. As Dick Hoffman introduced himself, his wife Barb and their moody teenage son Mikey, i knew i was in for a long day. As it turns out they were highly entertaining and i now have an adoptive family in Miami and the services of a very prestigious attorney if needs be!

We went Jungle Surfing, hire wiring above the canopy of the Daintree Rainforest, the only place in the world where you can see where rainforest meets Coral Reef. In the afternoon we went traditional Aboriginal spear fishing. My school day Javelin championship skills came flooding back and i manged to pick us up a couple of crabs for dinner. Well the others tucked in while i stuck to a traditional aboriginal chocolate muffin :0) very tasty.

Finally got out to scuba the Reef. Had to wear very fetching stinger suits to prevent jelly fish stings, but once the indignity of head to toe lycra was out of the way i did 3 dives on the Outer Reef. We saw 2 sharks, a turtle and plenty of pretty impressive fish before heading home with a few tinnies to round off an amazing day.

Also its $8 jugs of beer at the cane toad racing tonight, im betting on Camel Toad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



1st June 2010

Photo 359
Mick Jagger enjoyed his swim as underwater Alice stroked his aging face......

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb