Paronella Park - He dared to dream


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Paronella Park
November 16th 2012
Published: November 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Josea and his wifeJosea and his wifeJosea and his wife

Wedding day in Spain 12 years after migrating to Australia - but come to find the unusual twist to this romance!
Jose dared to live the dream planted in his impressionable young mind by his Grandma in Spain. He wanted a castle where guests would come, dance and dine - but he only had a dream.

He left school in Spain but found that what he could earn barely covered his living costs. He read of oppoertunities in Australia and migrated after proposing to his girlfriend who remained in Spain.

To see how this worked out, come to Paronella park and take a guided walk through his dream castle. An exquisite spot, beautiful but ravaged by fire, floods and cyclones, yet much of Jose's own handi work remains and is being cared for so future generations can enjoy the dream.

With accomodation on site, make sure to do a day and an after dark tour. BRING A GOOD CAMERA AND TRIPOD!

Cyclone Yassi hit this area very hard about 12 months ago, but the bush is recovering, the birds at last are returning, and the fish are huge, but protected!

The hard work our early pioneers put in leaves a deep impression on us of how lucky we have been to follow their pathways and see their
Castle BuiltCastle BuiltCastle Built

See if you can find Jose's finger prints in the construction.
dreams blossom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Mena Creek FallsMena Creek Falls
Mena Creek Falls

These falls became central to Jose's dream.
The grand stair caseThe grand stair case
The grand stair case

All the building materials were carried up the rock face via these stairs.
His castleHis castle
His castle

Sadly fire, floods and storm have left just this beautiful reminder of former glory.
The fallsThe falls
The falls

Through the entrance to the castle ballroom and resteraunt.
Fish for dinnerFish for dinner
Fish for dinner

Sorry, a protected species. A 1.5 mtr croc has recently moved in as well, so swimming is now discouraged.
Nature 01Nature 01
Nature 01

A bug lifting itself back up into the tree by a fine silk thread.
Large BugsLarge Bugs
Large Bugs

Ever heard bugs that sound like chainsaws? This is it!
Golden OrbGolden Orb
Golden Orb

Even he's a beaut


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb