Palm Cove 26th-30th Dec


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Palm Cove
December 30th 2006
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

HotelHotelHotel

The Alassio where we stayed
On boxing day we went down to the coast to a resort called Palm Cove, similar to Port Douglas but we had a hotel there and we stayed for 4 days. The place was pretty smart with a massive beach again with the fenced off stinger nets. We slopped straight down to the pool to get some decent sun and cold lagers.
The hotel rooms were ridiculously big with hot tubs on the balconies and living rooms and kitkens attached... however there was a down side that the ensuite bathroom only had frosted glass and not a proper wall which lead for some horrible lagered up sights for the person who wasn't in the shower (see picture below).
The weird thing about palm cove was that all of the buildings had been built around the trees so that most of them had a tree trunk going up through the middle and out of the roof, apparently because the trees were there first.
On the second day Brad and Kim came over to stay with there kids (Liam and Kiralee) and we got on really well... also related to them somehow and got invited to stay with them in Townsville which is
Ensuite Anyone?Ensuite Anyone?Ensuite Anyone?

Horrible image that occured everytime me or Sean went for a shower
only 4 hours away from here so I might bloody have to.

We also did the Great Barrier reef while we were staying at palm cove. It took an hour to travel out on the boat to the reef but 2 hours to get back as one of the engines broke- however with the free wine flowing it didn't really matter. The reef was obviously full of fish some and most of them looked pretty gay. There were a lot of 'big lipped rock munchers' kicking about as well as the odd cheeky nemo.

For tea we went to an 'English' pub called the Cock and Balls or something like that (may have been Cock and Bull). The most ridiculously big meal I've ever seen... good tho. And with a full sized pint as opposed to the little stubbies that everywhere else sells.

The best thing about Australia so far is that the beers are always freezing cold with glasses in the freezer and ice on the pumps. On the way up from Palm Cove we took the scenic route in a cablecar instead of driving the twisting roads over the mountains (Kuranda Range).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hotel Room Hotel Room
Hotel Room

Spazzy Magee on the balcony
Skyrail Skyrail
Skyrail

View from the cable car up Kuranda range
AboriginalsAboriginals
Aboriginals

Here are some Aboriginals that we spotted from the cable car demonstrating the art of spear chucking
Rainforest WalkRainforest Walk
Rainforest Walk

A board walk at the top of the mountain


5th January 2007

what is that arse!
well luks like ur avn a great fun, especially wen u can plaster ur arse on glass pannels for all to see, sounds like ur kinda lifestyle craig! haha
9th January 2007

Little stubbies
Hey I am glad that you have found "full sized pints" instead of "little stubbies". I think you mean like the size they sell at the emporium. It looks like you are having fun and seeing lots. I am in thailand at the minute so I have escaped the emporium too, well at least for three weeks anyway. Take care x.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb