North Stradbroke Island


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

So after a few days of chill, reading my book, going out for lunch with Jack, we decided to go to North Stradbroke Island, (Minjerribah).



We got up at 6:30am to get ready before we set off at 7:30am to get the ferry from Cleveland. An hour later we were queuing up to get the ferry and I decided to go for a quick toilet stop, the loo paper seemed as though it was from war time, rationed bit by bit and so thin! First world problems. Anyway, the ferry men directed us onto the ferry and so ensued some very strategic parking in order to get as many people on as possible. We were on our way.



We reached Dunwich Jetty about 45mins later and from there we drove to Amity beach to see if we could see any dolphins. Unfortunately we saw just a lot of people fishing and a stylish tractor. The view was beautiful though. From there we drove towards cylinder beach, on the way we drove past some kangaroos so Kate 'chucked a Uie' and had a closer look. We got out by adder Rock beach so we could see the camping area as Kate is an avid camper she wanted to check out all the best spots. Again the view was so beautiful! Our next stop was Cylinder Beach where we went for a walk and Tom, Kate and Jack went up this massive sand hill, Emma and I weren't so keen and stayed soaking in the sun and our feet in the water.



Lunch time - found a barbie and chucked some meat on it. I did the cooking - was proud of myself! After lunch we did the North Gorge walk, where we passed whale rock blowhole which was insane, when the waves came in they made a sound like a whales blowhole. We could see some whales in the distance aswell - fab! We saw more kangaroos up close.



After we finished the walk we had ice cream (vanilla and pear flavours for me!). Then we headed back to the car so we could find the whale watching platform. I have never known such an enthusiastic 54year old to hike everywhere and still want to hike more. We headed back to Amity to see if the dolphins had appeared - a few had, but a bit far away. We could see them playing.



The day was coming to a close so we headed back to get the ferry. On the ferry, I had a good snooze and then when we got home it was full of bubbles - glorious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



6th July 2017

Fandabidosy
Good jaaaab...V entertaining - great to read about the trip! xx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb