Day 2- Brisbane to Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 27th 2017
Published: June 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of the G Adventures tour and we set off from Brisbane to go to Noosa.

Interesting fact about Brisbane is that when settlers were coming here they were all rejected convicts that Sydney didn't want. This is said to explain the variation in tone all round Brisbane.

Two and a bit hours later we arrives at Elanda Campsite. There were beautiful colourful huts that we would be staying in. After settling in we had a safety brief in order to be let loose in canoes. From Elanda Point we took a boat on Lake Cootharaba to Sir Thomas Information Centre. We got the canoes out and set off in convoy to find a spot for lunch. We stopped at Fig Tree Point where we had lunch and went for a walk along the Melaleuca circuit track and then back to the canoes for some exploring. Around Fig Tree Point were little beaches that we came across and narrow paths for the canoe. As we were going down one of the narrow pathways, Alex, Megan and Alicia unfortunately skilfully capsized their canoe which was impressive!

We then made our way back to the information point to go back to the Campsite. On the way back to the mainland we got soaked from the ways (GoPro video to follow at some point!) which was an experience!

The afternoon included a game of football - not one of my favourite games (missing an open goal was one of the many fails of mine) but it was good fun anyway!

Tea was sausage sandwiches followed by a game of uno. Note to self: never play Spanish uno. There are so many rules and it can get tense! Alicia (Spain) was in her element and I'm convinced she was making up more rules.

After a heated game of uno, State of origin was on (Queensland Vs New South Wales) so we sat down to watch that. By half time I decided to call it a day because Queensland was losing rather badly. I was then told in the morning that they brought it back with some spectacular try's and won!!

But anyway, I took an extra sleeping bag to bed and was all tucky!

Advertisement



27th June 2017

Wow
Canoeing!!! Respect ? Looking forward to the go-pro! xx

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb