Cairns to Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
August 1st 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sorry it's been a while since my last entry....After the Northern Territory, I flew to Tropical Cairns, where the first few days were warm, but rainy. Didn't do too much apart from hanging out at the lagoon ( you can't swim in the sea because of the stingers)! Highlights were going to Cape Tribulation ( a really nice rain forest) for the day and going on a boat cruise to the barrier reef to dive and snorkel. Didn't love the diving, if i'm honest, which I was a bit disappointed about! I couldn't equalise my ears properly, so didn't really feel comfortable - loved the snorelling though! The Barrier Reef is beautiful, one girl thought it was ugly and disgusting!!! I think she must have been on something as it was so beautiful and the fish are really colourful! The coastline of Cairns was really beautiful!

From Cairns, we headed to Mission Beach, which was badly affected by the Cylone and you could still see the damage! There wasn't too much to do there! Took a walk up to a nice view point. The highlight had to be though SkyDiving at 14,000ft - it was the best thing I have ever done! I'd originally talked myself out of it in Cairns, but then I met someone on the bus who wanted to do it, so we decided to do it together! We had the most amazing day for it - you could see the reef so clearly! Considering how I hate hights and flying, I wasn't nervous at all!! I had a buzz from it for days after!

After Mission Beach we headed To Townsville and took a ferry to Magnetic Island where it was the full moon backpackers party - it was a brilliant night and needless to say the next day was a bit of a right off!!! All good fun though!! Magnetic Island is really pretty, and very chilled out!

Next stop was Airlee Beach, home to the Whitsunday Islands. we arrived the night before departure. I did a 3 day boat trip around the Islands on the Apollo and it was really chilled out! During the 3 days, we went to Whitehaven Beach, which was just stunning, snorkelled with the fish, saw Dolphins and Whales and generally just had a fun filled yet chilled out time, I really didn't want it to end...I definitely could have stayed on there longer!!

After Airlee, I travelled to Rockhampton (there is literally nothing to do there, but we needed to stop for the Cattle Station) with some people I met in Airlee which was nice. The follwing day we went to the Kroombit Cattle station, which is fully operational! It was so much fun! We learnt to lassoo goats, rode horses to round up the goats, took part in a rodeo and generally embrased life in the outback! It was alot of fun and the owners really made us feel welcome and wanted us to get involed in everything!

From Rockhampton, we drove to a town called 1770, the amin reason for going was to do Scooteroo, where you go on a 3 hour scooter ride dressed in leathers which was a lot of fun! It took a while to get used to it, but was well worth it!

The next big trip after was Fraser Island from Rainbow Beach! Fraser Island is the world's largest sand dune, and the highlight was definitely doing some 4 wheel driving - it was such good fun. there were about 20 of us altogether in 3 vehicles and we all got on really well. We got the full camping experience and had to cook for ourselves and sleep in tents! We were all shattered at the end of it. The highlight of the trip wwas definitely Lake McKenzie, it was stunning! We had a mixed bag of weather over 3 days aswell which was inetersting, but it was a really good 3 days!

Currently in Noosa, which is the next stop after Rainbow Beach! It's a really nice chilled out place, been to see Harry POtter and went to Australia Zoo today to visit all the animals! I have a new found appreciation for Elephants - they really are beautiful!!! Got to stroke some Kangaroos and had my photo taken witha Koala! It was a really god day out!

Anyway, thats aboout it for now! can't belive i'm over half way through - it's going so quickly!!!

xxx



Advertisement



1st August 2011

Sounds so familiar
Hi Laura just read the third instalment. You sound like you are having so much fun. It is so nice reading your comments as it sounds so familiar to what i did. I feel i am reliving it all over again. The memories definitely stay with you forever. Can't wait to hear what you get up to next.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb