Hi, at Tewantin, near Noosa.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
October 6th 2010
Published: October 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We are still enjoying our travels south with Linda and Denis.
After Sapphire, we headed south and found lots of rivers in flood after all the rain. Some roads were closed, mainly side roads. We came accross a few places with water accross the road, especially around Rollerston. We ended up staying a night at Banana. From there we continued on to a favourite place of ours, Cania Gorge. We had a very large site, complete with our own fireplace. The many different birds were as friendly as ever, and we also had visits from kangaroos, buttons and possums at night while we were sitting around our fire. We did some walks, swam in the 3 pools, and enjoyed the wine tasting and wood fired pizza night. The second night there I cooked probably my last Australian camp oven meal, and we sat around the campfire listening to John Willianson. (Memories of the Simpson Desert trip with BB4WD group!) Reluctantly, we left the best Big 4 camp, and headed south, staying the next night at Gayndah - the oldest town in Queensland.
From there, we continued down the rough secondary road, at times one lane wide, until we arrived back on the Bruce Highway. We came on to Tewantin, and have enjoyed 2 nights parked at Zena and Snow's property, near Noosa. Linda and Denis have slept inside the house, a change from the trusty tent.
The weather has improved thankgoodness for this part of our trip, and Denis and Linda are now sporting a tan too. We have swum at Noosa beach each day, done the shops and some sight seeing. This afternoon, we hired a little runabout and went around the waterways, canals and down the Noosa River. The top speed was 6 knots, not too testing for Denis, our driver! Chris and I took a back seat and left Linda to do the navigation!
Tomorrow, we catch up with Linda's sister Jill and her husband Phil, at Caloundra, where Linda and Den will stay a night. We hope to get a site at nearby Dicky's Beach, and we will all go out for dinner at a nearby resturant.
Regards
Lynne , Chris, Linda and Den.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

up to Mt Timbeerwah, Tewantin N.P.up to Mt Timbeerwah, Tewantin N.P.
up to Mt Timbeerwah, Tewantin N.P.

good views from the lookout.


9th October 2010

Keep on trucking
Great to think of you on the other side of the world exploring things as we are. Long term travel certainly grows on you, we are almost reluctant to come home and are already planning next year's trips. You obviously had fun with Denis and Linda, everyone is looking very healthy and relaxed in the photos. Warmest regards Rod and Deirdre.
11th October 2010

Hi from a cold and shakey NZ
Hi folks. Great to get the latest up dates of your travels, especially with Linda and Denis there. Margaret and i are sorry that we have not been able to join with you during the past 2 years, but that is life back here for you. We have just had 2 weeks away to Wellington and myself to Westport for 1 of the weeks. Had a great time finishing with a weekend on Waiheke with Deborah, Malcolm and Neve. We are both back into work with a very tight program from here to Christmas. Best of luck with the remainder of your travels and look forward to meeting up on your return. Regards to all, Graeme and Margaret.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb