Loving Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
September 5th 2010
Published: September 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We had a great time at Agnes Waters and then made for Burrum Heads. Unfortunately our weekend there consisted of grey days and strong wind, building up to rain on Sunday afternoon. We did get in a bit of walking along the riverfront and around the little shops there, but mostly it was spent inside the motor home, out of the weather. We decided against going on to Hervey Bay when Monday morning brought more showers, so we rang Tewantin - we were able to bring our 3 day booking forward to begin that night.

It was the right call, as we hadn't gone all that many kilometres when the sky cleared and the sun shone. We turned off the highway to explore some more of the Mary Valley, shopped at Kenilworth and then drove up to Maleny, Montville and Mapleton before heading down to the Sunshine Coast to set up here.

Today is a perfect day, hardly a cloud in the bluest sky, sunny and a gentle breeze. We drove to Noosa Heads, the head of the river, parked and walked along the sand and then sat in the sunshine. It was so beautiful there. We tore ourselves away and drove to the shops along the river as we were going to have lunch at one of the restaurants there for Doug's deferred Father's Day lunch.

We chose Maisies, an old 1920's restaurant with something of a history as being one of the popular restaurants there for many years, from servicemen in the war till now. We enjoyed reading the story of Maisies and looking at the old photos on the wall. Best of all, we enjoyed the meal .. seafood for me, steak for Doug (what's new?) .. all delicious and cooked well.

We went on to Tewantin wharf, thinking we might catch the ferry back to Noosa .. it's a day to be on the water .. but they stopped for an extra hour at lunch, so instead came back to the caravan park to swim in the pool here. Tomorrow hopefully this wonderful weather will continue and we'll swim at the beach at Noosa.

At last we have a government, for better or worse. I wonder how long it will take for decisions to be made when it took these men so long to decide which way to go with this, although they did seem to be relishing the power. Hopefully we'll have another election in the next 12 months.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

the Noosa R. entrancethe Noosa R. entrance
the Noosa R. entrance

Looking towards Tewantin


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb