Finishing Up Australia While Sitting in FL


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
May 25th 2006
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we are back in Florida and this is a very dated entry. Last night at dinner, friends inspired me to complete this entry and get it posted. I am unable to download the rest of the photos, but I think there are enough here to call it good. So, going back to April..............

After the heat and humidity in Broome, Noosa was beautiful. Our apartment, on an island canal, was ideal for an extended stay. We began to feel like locals for the 18 days that we stayed there. In addition to walking the beach and hiking in the National Park, we took a 4-wheel drive and boat tour of the Great Sandy National Park.

The Great Sandy is the world's largest vegitated land mass. It is a large sand dune island off the coast of Noosa. It has a pristine 40 mile beach, rainbow colored sandstone gorge and cliffs, and a wetlands area that is similar to the FL Everglades. We had a great day driving down the beach, admiring the views from the lighthouse hill top, eating great Aussie BBQ, and cruising through the wetlands.

The rest of our time in Noosa was spent at the beach or hiking in the Noosa National Park looking for koalas. This is the one area of Australia that we could come back to time and time again.

When we left Noosa we flew to Sydney for a few days before returning to the States. Our main objective in Sydney was to attend the Stones concert. The concert was held in the Olympic Stadium and was a good show, but not as good as the opening concert in Boston. The stage was about half the size and a lot less impressive than the one they had at Fenway Park. Hopefully, Keith will be in good shape by the time we see them in Germany in early Aug.

We will be in FL until July 10 and then we will be flying to Athens. Our plans are to spend a few weeks hopping through the Greek Islands and then spend the rest of our time traveling through Germany, the Czech Republic, and Switzerland. We return to FL on Sept. 18 and will be attending the Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) concert in IN on Sep. 30. That is the extend of our plans for right now. At this point we have no idea where our wanderlust will take us next.

If you are interested in reading some other travelblogs and looking at some really amazing photos, while I'm on hiatus, I highly recommend the following two bloggers: cumberland sausage and aspiringnomad. These are the two blogs that I check out on a regular basis. The photos are truly breath taking and their commentary is interesting and off beat. They should keep you entertained until we return with more travel stories in July. Just wait 'til you see Greece - oh my, oh my!!!
Caio, RPM


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

A Sand Blow on the Colored Sands DuneA Sand Blow on the Colored Sands Dune
A Sand Blow on the Colored Sands Dune

This sand blow was created possibly 1000 years ago. A storm destroyed the vegetation and the wind and weather continues to erode the sand away. Eventually, it will form a valley and then begin to revegitate itself.
A Squiggley Gum treeA Squiggley Gum tree
A Squiggley Gum tree

The squiggley marks are made by an insect's larve crawling beneath the bark of the tree.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb