Noosa & Australia Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
March 2nd 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So where were we.. oh yes we had arrived in Noosa and we got picked up by the noosa backpackers hostel bus and were put into a 8 bed dorm. We booked through hostelboookers for our first night and paid on arrival then went in search of Peter Pans travel company to use our free internet voucher that we had aquired in Thailand. Whilst we were there we noticed that they offered the same accomodation at a cheaper price so we booked another night at noosa backpackers saving a few bucks. You may think that a few dollars doesnt matter but when you are travelling for so long saving $3 a night really does add up. We also booked Australia Zoo tickets which includes a few shuttle bus from Noosa to the Zoo and back.

The next day we headed off to the Zoo. Whilst waiting for the bus we heard there was a mini tsunami heading our way so as we drove along the coast we watched out for it. There were crowds of poeple who had came out to watch along the seafront. We didnt end up seeing the wave but we heard it was not that great. Interesting to witness but not worth missing the the Zoo for. We arrived at the zoo after an hour bus ride and went straigt for the giant tortoise demonstration. They were so cute and we took lots of photos. They have an amazing amount of crocs and we walked around and looked at them all and when a few escaped from their enclosures myself and Craig single handedly wrestled a few to the floor for the staff. You do what you can to help out. (check out the photos) lol

We got to watch an elephant demonstration and stroke a Koala. They had a petting station where Koalas would take turns in being petted by the public. There was a baby Koala but we were not allowed to pet it when we were there. We walked through the Kangaroo enclosures and fed a few kangaroos with kangaroo food but found that some did not want it as they were over fed by the amount of tourists, but we did get to feed a few and that satisfied our need. They have a Tiger temple which we enjoyed vistiting as they had designed it on Siem Reap in cambodia where we had been previously on this trip and the tigers were so cute but they didnt really do much but sleep.

They had lots of snakes and other reptiles n creatres that make me feel slimey, im glad they were kept in enclosures and not crawling over me. We watched a demonstration in the crocoseum but it didnt last as long as i wanted. Craig then got to stroke a few goats n i got to pat a sheep. I thought they woukld be soft n fluffy but they werent, quite disappointing. Craig wanted to look at some cows but ive seen plenty of cows back in England so that didnt warrent my time.

Our time at the zoo was soon over and we headed back to the hostel. The next day we caught the shuttle to the bus stop and borded the premier bus to our final stop Brisbane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb