Working My Way back up the East Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
September 20th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Canoe Safari Noosa EvergladesCanoe Safari Noosa EvergladesCanoe Safari Noosa Everglades

Getting ready for our 3 day 2 night Canoe... its the crazy white hat again :)
After a great week in the Red Centre, i was looking forward to meeting my friendly friends from Japan, who has kindly offered me their home as an excape from Backpackers.
Brisbane is a nice enough city but nothing too exciting so it was nice to have a lovely family to come back and have dinner, sharing their great adventures travelling the world, back in the 70's.
To me they are the true "BACKPACKERS" these day backpacking is so easy everything is laid out for you pretty much, it so safe and easy to get about. whereas back then they had to hitch hike on a smuggling truck, got stop by the police in Africa and everyone else in the truck was thrown in prison...sounds pretty adventurous huh?!!!
It was also nice lazing infront of the TV watching comedy with their 2 daughters, who was ever so friendly too with beautiful names. Anneleise & Jacinta.
Unfortunately i dont have a photo of them hopefully get one when im back in Brisbane for a few days before heading over to New Zealand.

As there was little to do in Brisbane it was nice to take a day to go paint a
The True BackpackersThe True BackpackersThe True Backpackers

Took them out for dinner to a Vietnamese restuarant. Not the best restuarant but was very enjoyable making our own rice paper wraps and had some "bun bo hue"...YUMMY!!!!
boomerang which was meant to be free with my East Coast Package, hmmm cost me 20 $ but thats because i opt for a hard wood one...DUP!!!...always go for the more expensive one. It was a lovely day being obsorbed in the painting although looking back at my boomerang there's hardly anything on it...

I then headed down to Byron Bay for a few days for a change... Anneliese highly recomended it and it was definitely a lovly place to escape too, Ashame i only had 2 days so wasnt able to visit Nimbin the hippy place...I was told it was like Amsterdam, hippies selling space cakes on the streets. I was up for a bit!! although i heard it was very strong and many come back feeling rotton!
Byron bay was a lovely little place, loads of little cool shops and the beach is lovely foor whale and dolphin spotting...as i came to the beach i caught a whale swimming away ever so close to the shore you can see his tail splashing away it was amazing.

Heading back up the East Coast... First destination Noosa for a spot of Canoeing in the everglades....Couldnt wait for a bit of adventure and camping.
Must admit the first 2 day canoeing was great, enjoying and mangrooves and tea trees. whilst 1/2 of the group got pissed that night,Yo and Myself bravely decided togo on a night canoe and i must say that was amazing, the stars up in the sky and also the reflection on the still water was absolutely fantastic in the pitch blackness, as the moon wasnt out...Funnily here in Australia the sun and moon is out at the same time sometime.
We had to follow the sound of our noisy group to find our way back...when we finally arrived back one boy was dead and had gone to bed and the girls was almost the same...it was hilarious watching them falling all over the place..TRUE IRISH!!!!...

That night poor Yo & Suzie had this annoying English boy from the other group trying to get into the tent...really give us brits a bad name!!!!...

Anyhow, the Irish didnt make to the Great Sandy Park as expected, she followed the other group back to the hostel...what ashame..oh well they enjoyed themselves that way.

It was nice the mojority of our group was staying at the
Thats a big Guana!!!..Thats a big Guana!!!..Thats a big Guana!!!..

prowling around our campsite.
same hostel so it was nice to all have dinner with each other and bumping into one another there....and also we will be heading up north so will probably end up bumping to each other then too.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Up at the Sandy National ParkUp at the Sandy National Park
Up at the Sandy National Park

After an early morning canoe & 6km trek up to the sandy patch it was worth the effort.. the stunning view back down on the everglades and the sea in the distance.
going for a casual stroll along the noosa coastlinegoing for a casual stroll along the noosa coastline
going for a casual stroll along the noosa coastline

Oooops!!!!... stumbled across a nudest beach, The funny thing is the way his posing than him being in the nude. Got caught taking the photo, he didnt seemed to bothered just made sure he looked good in it. :)
Ah bumped into a fellow canoe-erAh bumped into a fellow canoe-er
Ah bumped into a fellow canoe-er

Whilst on our little stroll.. :)


16th October 2007

klaudita
missssssssssss u Chinitaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :) U looking great!!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 61; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb