Moura, Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Moura
January 10th 2012
Published: January 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 10th Jan

The last couple of days has been soooo hot at Lake Maraboon - still 41 degrees but last night it stayed hot all night. Heard on the radio that Longreach reached 53 degrees today, boy that is hot!!!!!!! Still hot (41 degrees) when we arrived at Moura for our overnight stop - lovely little caravan park ($25pn)- a lot of mine workers staying here as with a lot of other caravan parks around where there are mines (mainly coal).
Wednesday 11th Jan

Pulled up at a small caravan park at Condamine ($25pn) and nearly had the whole park to ourselves, a huge shady tree, 4 chooks scratching around us, a pug dog who befriended us and we just walked across the road to have meal - lovely quaint old pub which has been renovated after last January floods. The weather is also a lot cooler so it was a very pleasant stay.

Thursday 12 Jan. Well what a difference a day makes. We were all packed and ready to leave Condamine when the owner of the park wandered out with a coffee in his hand and was asking the usual 'where are you from and where are you going?' While chatting we mentioned that John worked in Mackay and will be looking for work in Coff's Harbour then he asked what he did and as soon as we mentioned John was a painter he said we desperatley need a painter and by lunchtime John had started painting. This caravan park in on the edge of the Condamine river so of course the whole park was flooded last January and they are still fixing all the damage. There is a lot of painting to be done here but not sure how long we will stay (maybe only a week or two but you never know). Condamine is certainly not a place we thought we would be working - it is a very small country town with a pub, service station, and the caravan park and 33klms to Miles for any shopping, then I think that will also be very limited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



14th January 2012

moura
Gee whis your not kidding, thats Hot... awwwww not nice.... Love the pictures. hahaha chooks and the little pugs so cute.. Ray and I had a giggle... Thats good news in a way with Uncle John getting a Job.. Yes I think no matter where you go people always need some painting done . All these things can be such great Barter systems.. Anyhow thankyou for sharing... Love the pictures...Stay safe, and Enjoy xoxox

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb