TheJack Daniels Experience


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mooloolah
January 6th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

David Cuts a Fine DashDavid Cuts a Fine DashDavid Cuts a Fine Dash

... in his Australia Zoo uniform.
6th January 2009

After a fantastic nights sleep, (well every night is fantastic for me) I got up reasonably early to see David dressed in his Australia Zoo Uniform, and very smart he looked indeed. Dave leaves really early, but fortunately doesn’t have to far to travel before getting to work.

The dogs, Oaky, Malee, and King were full of beans and had their pigs trotters to keep them amused.

I sat outside typing up Naughty Wombats, it was lovely and warm, a cool breeze wafted across the shady veranda.

Ruth appeared in the kitchen and prepared herself for her day so I kept out of the way, though she kindly made me a cup of tea.

We were leaving today, and once Caroline was up we just needed to pack our stuff away then tidy the trailer and get back on the road.

David and Ruth were having some new sanitary ware fitted today, the plumber Tony turned up promptly at I think around 8.00. Tony's work van was a really good set up, it was his own which was his own and had already done four jobs this morning, the first call being 6.00 am and finishing at 7.00pm Monday to Friday.

We had a bit of breakfast, and by the time we got ourselves sorted Tony the plumber had finished, he had done a great job, you couldn’t tell a tradesman had been in.

We gathered all our gear and loaded it in to the truck and trailer, locked the one door then went to look for the cat Millee, as she is a house cat and Ruth prefers her not to be out and about the area because of the train line, which is fairly close by.

Could we find her, not a chance, round and round the house we went, in and out of the garden then round and round the house again calling her name. We started to worry how were we going to break this news to Ruth, that the cat had sneaked out with who we could only presume was the plumber as we had both been really careful, we even checked the truck and our suitcases to make sure she hadn’t sneaked in.

We went in to the living room for the umpteenth time and there she was sitting on the floor
Mallee and KingMallee and KingMallee and King

Two of Ruth and Davids Rescued dogs.
meowing just looking at us, (Secretly laughing at us in a cat like way), wondering what all the fuss was about and why were we calling her?

A huge sigh of relief washed over us, we phoned Ruth to explain we had locked the house up and told her about the cat, Ruth said she likes to climbed to the top of the bookcase and snuggle in with all the teddies, so there would be no chance of seeing her.

We left at 11.15 heading south, skirting around Brisbane again, onwards to Brunswick Heads, I drove about 2/3rds of the way then Caroline took over.

Andy fell asleep as soon as his head hit the headrest and once again, without any navigational aid I was on my own, well just me and love actually soundtrack on the ipod. We are using an itrip which allows us to tune it into the radio and listen whilst we are on the road, forunatley we had a camp site already sorted as we had phoned ahead, which does tack all the heartache out of finding one when you arrive. The only problem with that is that you are unable to
The Jack Daniels ExperienceThe Jack Daniels ExperienceThe Jack Daniels Experience

I have experienced Jack Daniels before funnily enough.
scope out the camp site until you get there as lets just say that some camp sites are rather undesireable as we found out when we were here 2 years ago.

We arrived at Brunswick Heads around 3.00pm or 4.00 New South Wales Time, and had covered 247 Kilometres.

The camper trailer was parked and we commenced the set up, which now does not take us long to do. We both commented on how we were looking forward to sleeping in it.

Our food storage bin needed re stocking so once we had set camp we went out around the local supermarket. (We seem to spend our whole lives food shopping)

Caroline and myself both come from families involved in transport, and just seem to like trucks. We have promised that one of our blog’s will be heavily influenced by pictures of great rigs and are collecting some images as we go, we are especially looking forward to the road trains in the outback. This afternoon was a jaw dropping moment, we saw the “Jack Daniels Experience”, sponsored by Mack Trucks (USA) this truck was a peach.

I was taking a photo of the truck
Jack Lives HereJack Lives HereJack Lives Here

Yikes.... Jack looks like a big bloke!
from the front and the driver was still sitting in there, he nodded to me and I felt such a plank, just like a 12 year old boy and when he jumped down from the truck he looked like a cross between a Viking, Hulk Hogan and “ Paul Teutle Senior from Orange County Choppers.

We got back to the camp and cooked a butter chicken and cashew nut curry, there was too much so that is dinner for tomorrow night sorted too!

The evening was pleasant, Caroline finished off Naughty Wombats and uploaded some photo’s. It was 10.40 so we hit the hay, It was such a warm night we both slept on top of the bed.




.








Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Andy Cooks DinnerAndy Cooks Dinner
Andy Cooks Dinner

Open air cooking is a man thing.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb