Boxing Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maryborough
December 26th 2012
Published: December 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up early for a jog – making the most of the morning sun without the searing heat. We all sat round and had breakfast together before Rowena, Matt and I headed off to Hervey Bay, a local town and beach area. Once at Hervey Bay we dipped in a few shops so Matt could have a look in the sales for the Samsung tablet he wanted to get for Christmas. Once purchased we headed to the beach – it was rather quiet and looked like they had had a few extra high tides, as some of the beach had been washed away, with some fish and lots of jellyfish washed up. However the area and remaining beach was still nice so we walked along and found a nice spot to settle on.

Like yesterday the water was very shallow so I waded out for a quite a while until it got deeper. Here we were in luck as there were no jellyfish in sight, so I went for a proper swim to the pier and back. Around lunch time we wandered along the beach to a trendy little beach café and indulged in an ice cream before the fairly long walk back along the beach to the car.

We had a quick stop at the Hervey Bay botanical gardens on the way home, by quick it must have been 10 minutes max as there was nothing to it. Once home we resumed the now fairly usual routine of; eat, drink, pool, sleep (repeat) and just to spice it up - not that it was required - Cheryl decided to jump in the pool fully clothed after being dared by Dell. Greatly amusing!

In the late afternoon I got my first experience of a drive through Bottle-O! It’s so bizarre, you pull up to an outdoor bottled shop, and you get served from your car window! Seems a strange concept as they are very strict on drinking and driving here, but as you can’t buy alcohol from the supermarkets, only from the specialist bottle shops, I guess it just saves you carrying any purchases from the bottle shop to the car! With the alcohol safely stowed in the back of the car we headed back to Dell’s and enjoyed a lovely evening with a very yummy homemade prawn curry for dinner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb