Off to Moranbah


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mackay
June 4th 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Moranbah is 200ks west of Mckay and my next stop point witch ill stay for a few days.
I got 105ks and stayed in a rest area witch was as always, no camping but every one stays there anyway. There was an older guys staying there he was around 50 and he was traveling with his nan. He new eveything of the area from where to have a free shower and where to camp for free. Hes got himself a rough old Ute and just goes up and down never in a rush and dosnt really care. He did own a van but he lost it in the Queensland floods but he still seems happy enough with what he has.
Just out of the town of Proserpine some one had got realy bord and drew a big old dick and balls on the road with writeing welcome to proserpine, i just think it was great art work and a dick and balls never gets old 😉
I Camped in a free camping area with a heaps of grey nomads that night there always good for a yarn and looked after me as well, i guess they felt sorry for me.
After a climb over the Nebo rangers i got to a small town of Nebo witch i stayed for a night in the show grouds there always a good plays to stay they have evey thing there.
I hit the road early it was still 120ks to Moranbah it was 15ks to the main highway. The high way its self is the main road for all the mine workers plus all the trucks and road trains and much more. It was a bit hairy at time with all the trafic but every one was good most people gave me room but its not the sort of road i would ride again it was crazy. I got to Moranbah at 3pm was a fast day on the road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb