Lady Elliot Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Lady Elliot Island
November 14th 2013
Published: October 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Early in the morning it was time to continue our travel. We took the car to Bundaberg and from there caught a small plane out to one of the tiny islands in the coral sea, Lady Elliot Island. Sadly we had to leave our car in a long-time-parkinglot, but it would not have been too much use out on Lady Elliot. On an area of 0.45 km2, you do not need any form of transportation, unless you are really lazy, and there are no roads what so ever out on the island either. After settling in, in our room, we ran down to the beach to start snorkeling. Lady Elliot is a part of the coral reef itself and the island rose above the surface about 3500 years ago. This means that you do not have to go far to watch some of the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Just swim a couple of meters away from the beach and you can see some beautiful fish and coral, and that was exactly what we did. In the evening we ate dinner and went to bed early because we were all very tired. When booking a room at the resort you get dinner- and breakfast-buffet for free.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb