Kuranda


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kuranda
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We went on a cable car above yet another rain forest to a village and came back.

OK. Cath here now. Methinks Julian has now seen enough rain forest! :-)
To be fair, we are all a bit tired today after our long day yesterday. Jolly miffed to have got sunburnt, but at least it shows I managed to do some snorkelling! Although still surprising as it seemed pretty overcast most of the day - except when it went dark and threw it down!
And the sea was VERY rough on the way back! Bit choppy, I ask you??!

Today is even windier, so we were lucky to get to go yesterday.
We had already booked the tickets for the skyrail cable car this morning so we indeed got to see some more rainforest, and a wild cockatoo and a blue emerald butterfly and some more birds that we need GrandmaO to help identify!
Kuranda itself was a bit of a let down really. Its supposed to be a special village in the mountains but it just seemed to be loads of tourist shops. Shopping is not our speciality(!) so after a walk around we each had an amusingly flavoured ice cream before coming back down on the skyrail. Oh, we did manage to get an 'authentic Australian sand globe' thing with a Made In China sticker on the bottom! (in response to a challenge from brother Chris before we left.)

So its 4pm now and we're all in the pool. (Well I will be in a minute!) Apparently the accommodation block is full but we seem to be the only ones using the pool. Today Simon is pretending to be an estuarine crocodile, so he might be scaring people away! :-)


Thanks again for the comments. :-)
We are packing up again tonight as we leave Cairns tomorrow to head to Alice Springs. We then have a 3 day tour/camp around Ayres Rock. Not sure whether they will have internet there! So if we disappear, we should be back around 3rd August in Perth.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



29th July 2009

general
Hello to all the Onion family. I look forward to coming into the office each day to see if there is any update. It is now becoming part of my daily routine to be on the lookout. Enjoying travelling together with you from a distance. Christine

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb