Brumlins First Blog


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
April 7th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Brumlins first holiday blog is published and eagerly awaited by the masses!! It has been hailed by the press as a must read (or at least a look at the piccies!) if you like that sort of thing…..
Wednesday 31 March at 10.37am and we’re off, it only took 9 months of planning so we must have forgotten something..Lots of talk prior to departure about Lucy, would she get us over the Gateway Bridge let alone up to Tin Can Bay? Well done Lucy, in under 4 hours!
Tin Can bay was very black, white, pink and noisy. The black of the mosquitos, the white of the sand flies, the pink of the itchy spots and the noise of the thousands of kids on our camp site! Not to be put off by these little pests we had a great week chilling out.
Steve fed a wild dolphin, well at least it seemed upset by the size of the fish he gave it! We had a pleasant day on the Mary Valley Rattler from Gympie to Imbil (an old steam train) followed by a great day out on the world heritage listed Fraser Island. We spotted a pair of dingoes and swam in Lake Birrabeen.
Our thanks must go to Ian and Ros, grey nomads in an Executive Paradise Caravan, for sharing stories, helpful hints but most of all several bottles of red wine with us.
We are now in the very pleasant resort of Hervey Bay. We did expect a welcoming committee, but when they heard we were coming they went in the opposite direction. So we raised our spirits by going out for a curry.
The caravan is still leaking water, but we hope to resolve this today with an axe if Australia Post does it’s thing.
What we’re learned so far, make sure the freezer door is closed otherwise the food defrosts, close the drawers properly or they pop open in transit, wear Aeroguard Tropical at all times,

Having a great time



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



8th April 2010

Great start
Great sart I'm looking forward to the next at this time it's the only holiday I'm about to get love to you both keep on keeping on "haveagoodweekend"
10th April 2010

Hurrah, you're away?!
Keep up the good work guys! You'll grow to love the bugs but rest assured they get fewer the further south you go. Hardly any in Tassie. (not) All the best on your trip...JD and Fay

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb