Road Trip Part 1 - Brisbane to Hervey Bay - Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
June 19th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!!
So much has happened since the last entry so ill try explain as much as I can.
So the last couple of days in Brisbane were fun, got all the stuff ready for the road trip, packed everything up and collected as much free stuff as we could find.. food, blankets, tents, sleeping bags - you name it, we found it!! Me and Rob walked down into the city on the last night and unfortunatly because he had a hole in his jeans we were unable to go to the casino... never mind! We said our good byes to the city and headed back to the hostel! Went out for a few drinks with everyone as a good bye party then crashed out in anticipation for a very early and hectic start.

The Road Trip

Day 1 - Brisbane to Noosa

We woke up very early, had laundry to do, stuff to still pack and collect and a van to collect at 10am on the other side of the city so it was all go!! We dumped the laundry in the machines then me, Rob and Hannah headed to the Valley to meet Becky. We arrived and grabbed some food then went to the Wicked Depo to collect our Vans! They wern't quite ready when we arrived so we sat in the waiting room. Eventually our names were called and we went up to see our vans!!
One of them is Pinkish and has a Bunny on the side of it, the stearing is heavier than anything known to man and it struggles to start! The other van has funky patterns on the side and again doesn't quite start everytime and again the stearing is debatable.
I can't really list all the problems with them however there are many, all part of the fun and they still get us from A to B!!
So yeah day one we left Brisbane after getting very lost driving back to the hostel!! We headed to a place called Noosa!
Really nice place, very quiet but apparently its a luxury resort town so everyone is probably in there resorts.
We parked up right near the sea, i could hear the waves as i was falling asleep which was really lovely and relaxing. We drove round the town for a while looking around, cooked some food and then went to bed!

Day 2 - Noosa to Rainbow Beach

In the morning we were woken up by a ranger telling us that parking up overnight in public is against the law and could cost us $750 per van... oooppsss!!! We moved to another car park near some public showers and then went onto the beach to catch some sun as we had breakfast. Was very surreal and was a moment like in the movies.
We drove into town to get some food, bought a map, had a very big arguement over a $50 book with campsites in, bought it, then took it back!! We did some shopping then headed to Rainbow Beach.
Rainbow beach was interesting - we found a camp site and because it was late when we arrived we didn't leave the campsite after we got there. We cooked some food which was great - first time we used the little gas cookers we have. Worked ok though.... although 1 is broken!!
Was very cold so we decided that to get warm that bed was the best way!!

Day 3 - Staying in Rainbow Beach

So we decided that we should stay in one place for a little while and use the facilities of a camp site. We had showers and everything then went to the beach again. Hopefully by the end of all this beach time ill actually have a tan which right now doesn't exist! We got some lunch then headed back to the camp site. Collected some wood for a fire then set up a fire for us to keep warm and cook on. We had sausages and burgers which tasted amazing!!! We cooked the sausages on the fire which worked well and I fried some onions on there aswell. Tasty!!
We stayed up drinking around the fire before crashing out.

Day 4 - Rainbow Beach to Hervey Bay via Maryborough

We got up nice and early so we could hit the road with plently of time to get to Hervey Bay, packed up the vans and everything then hit the road. We drove for a while before we got to a place called Maryborough - the home of Mary Poppins (the authur etc) - the town was literally off a cowbow film, old bars and dirt roads, a town hall and everything!!! Was amazing... i think its the oldest town in Australia... we went to a bar and me and rob won $40 on slot machines... wehay!!! We had coffee then got some food from a cafe... went to the town hall for some advice etc then left again... obvioulsy stopping by the mary poppins statue for some pics!!
Then we drove to Hervey Bay!! When we got there it was dark but we found the camp site. Then we went out for a chinese all you can eat. Lovely!! We drove round for ages after before heading back to the site to go to bed

So thats it so far!!
The Vans are our homes for the next 2-3 weeks... 😊

Speak soon.
Love to all 😊 😊

Advertisement



19th June 2009

just been reading what you have been up to glad you are enjoying yourself I am jeolous. Carry on the good work and take care see you when you get back.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb