Pro-Dive Training Center - Day 1 & 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
November 20th 2009
Published: March 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Pro DivePro DivePro Dive

The Pro Dive training pool where we studied for our PADI
Another early start this morning and I was so excited at what we were going over the next few days. I had booked Hannah and I on a 5 day PADI Open Water Diving Course with a company called Pro-Dive. I had wanted to do this for years now and finally I was starting it today, Hannah on the other hand was a little reluctant. We were picked up at taken to the training centre where we would spend the first 2 days of the course in the classroom and in the pool, leanring how to dive. We arrived and filled out all the paperwork and after introducing ourselves got stuck straight into it.

We spent the first half of the first day in the classroom watching videos then doing a quiz then the second half was spent in the pool. First up we all had to swim 200m metres and also tread water for 10 minutes to show we were all comfortable in water. We then jumped out of the pool threw on our scuba gear and jumped back in to spent the rest of the day on training and skills. For the second day it was pretty much
Pro DivePro DivePro Dive

We spend two days in this classroom, studing hard for our PADI.
the same schedule in reverse order, at the end of the day we have a final exam which we all passed and we were now ready for open water diving. Tomorrow we would begin our 3 day, 2 night liveaboard dive trip where we would soon become certified divers.

This evening we attended a talk called reef teach where they explained exactly what we would see underwater. It went for over 2 hours but was an extremely good chat which definetly helped us identify different fish and coral. We were also taught about what animals to avoid and how they are poisonious. Both Hannah and I enjoyed the presentation and as soon as it finished rushed home to bed to get some sleep before another very early start tomorrow morning.

Accommodation:
Travellers Oasis

Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb