Kurrawa - beach time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning I managed to lay in until 8am….late for here and much needed! Once Rowena was up we headed off to the Gold Coast, about a 50min drive to the beach at Kurrawa. The beach was lovely, white sand but the quite strong waves. We suncreamed up and settled down on the beach for a few hours, reading and snoozing. Around 12 we headed into the surf club for lunch, where I had a very yummy Asian prawn salad. I love the fish salads they do at the surf clubs; they are the best I have come across. After lunch we wondered round the market stalls selling lovely homemade things, then headed back to the beach for a few hours, finishing up braving the waves before heading home. The current was strong and the parents were holding children by their arms to stop them from being knocked over and dragged onto the beach by the waves. I managed to stay not to be knocked over or dragged downstream, but Rowena got knocked over once, sunglasses falling off her head which I managed to chase after and save from the depths of the sea.

This evening Rowena had a hectic skype schedule with family and friends at home, but I managed a quick skype in between with mum, which was lovely. Feeling fully relaxed, if stlighty achy legs from circuit training yesterday I managed an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb