Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
December 20th 2012
Published: December 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Even after an early night, my 5am alarm clock was not welcome, today I feel tired! Alas morning daily routine completed and it’s soon breakfast time. I headed out to the station fairly early this morning and caught the 7.59am train, changing at Coopers Plains for the express train to the Gold Coast. I now have the local public transport system sussed, and to think, only a few days I looked like a rabbit caught in the head lights as I caught the train to the city for the first time.

After the hour and a half journey on the train, I hopped on the bus to complete the rest of my journey to Surfers Paradise. It’s a very commercialised area with high rise buildings and lots of very tanned and toned looking people wandering around posing in their swim wear. Found a good spot on the beautiful white sand which stretches for miles and settled down with my book.

Went for a swim in the crystal blue waters, ducking under the breaking waves and then body surfing them in….great fun. Though I did get caught by a few waves which broke on my head, but they weren’t too big so just got a good dunking. The waves weren’t fit for surfing, not enough swell and too messy so I will have to leave that to another day.

After smothering myself in sun cream I settled down for on the beach again and let my mind wonder to all you lovely people at home, and for the first time really enjoying a break from my very whorlwind’esk life at home. Around 12.30 when the UV is at its max I went for a wander up the beach for a while and then headed back and mooched round a few of the shops, locating a supermarket to get a roll for lunch. I then headed back to the bus stop, and started the 2hr journey home. I have noticed that using public transport here is a very easy, relaxed and fairly pleasant experience…..if only it could be the same at home!

Rowena and I gave ourselves pedicures this evening, and when Matt got home we all made dinner together and relaxed. It’s very humid again this evening so sleeping will be tricky.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb