The aftermath of Christmas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
December 31st 2011
Published: December 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Superbaby!Superbaby!Superbaby!

One of his Christmas presents from us.
As I said in the last post, we're selling the van. We have decided that we want a 'proper' caravan, one with all solid walls and no beds to pop out or roof to push up. After all the rainy weather we encountered in western Queensland it became obvious that spending a winter in the van would see all of us being very very cold. The canvas beds just aren't practical for our desired travelling times... great for short trips, but not for long extended trips outside of spring / summer months.

So, we're just waiting for someone to buy it and we'll upgrade. However, we'll still head off at the end of January regardless and put a big effort into selling it when we return to the coast to housesit in April.

We did have a lovely Christmas with Ryan's family.

The aftermath of Christmas has not been so much fun. I got a sore throat and the sniffles for a couple of days, which pales in comparison to Noah being diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease. Not related to the livestock version, but pretty terrible. He is covered in a rash and the stuff on
Poor bubbaPoor bubbaPoor bubba

Botox looking lips and rash around his mouth
his hands and feet is slowly turning into little blisters. His lips have been covered in it and really swollen and he has ulcers all through his mouth and on his tongue.

Poor munchkin has been very sad and sore for the last 2 days. Thankfully he turned a corner yesterday and got a full nights sleep last night (mummy is also very happy to have returned to feeling human).

Noah and I are staying home tonight, since he is a walking infection until the blisters disappear, and the rest of the family is off to have dinner at the local malaysian restaurant. Hmmm, that raises questions about what I'm going to have for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great time whatever you are doing tonight and that you make some resolutions you can stick too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb