Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
April 22nd 2012
Published: April 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Surfers Paradise on thursday morning, the weather was amazing so much better than Byron, so headed straight to the beach! Went to Main Beach had a couple of hours sun bathing but there is not a lot at this beach struggled to even find one shop to grab a drink and an ice cream from but it is very quiet and peaceful. Our hostel is great, feels very homely, and it gives us 2 hours of free wi-fi everyday which is awesome! Watched Superbad tonight, nice to just chill out and watch a film its been a while since we did that.

There are a few theme parks around here, so on Friday we went to MovieWorld - a super hero themed theme park. They had a really cool 4D show for "Journey to the centre of the earth" where we got wet at the appropriate moments and the seats moved and vibrated to suit what was going on on screen. We went on a scooby doo rollercoaster thinking it was going to be a kiddie one and it wasn't at all, it was actually quite fast, went backwards and went in the dark! We saw an amazing stunt car show. I have no idea how the drivers can do these stunks without crashing! Incredible!!! Anwen wouldn't go on any of the big rides so I queued up and went on the Superman, Batman Arkam Asylum and Green Latern rollercoasters by myself. The superman one was the best. It started off as if we were on a subway train amd the subway was collapsing and then superman came along and flew us out of the tunnel. The carriage even had a model superman and the back as if he was flying the thing along. Cheesy but fun.

Me and Anwen played a game this evening where you think of two random famous people and try to connect them through their co-stars till you get to the other one. Then we watched the film Gothika which was a bit weird and creepy!

Went to the actual Surfers Paradise beach tonight. There are a LOT more shops and stuff here. Had a nice long lay in the sun and went for a wander round the shop. Our hostel Aquarius provides free tranfers which is great as the hostel is a little bit out of the way, so they picked us up and then tonight we watched Marley and me! Three totally different films over the last 3 days, they have a huge range of dvds at the hostel, its a great one for anyone thinking of staying on the Gold Coast near Surfers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb