First Trip to SeaWorld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Main Beach
July 20th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Alex on the Ccarousel 15 secs
We gave in and purchased 2 season passes to Sea World. Even though we're just here for another 4 weeks (one of those travelling down to the Central Coast), we know we will make good use of the passes. Today's visit was our first - scouting out the area, checking out the rides and shows.

The park doesn't open until 10am, just about right for our sleep-ins these days. Alex didn't wake us until nearly 8:00, so by the time we got lunch packed (good idea - the prices were obscene!) and got ourselves in the car, it was nearly 10. Luckily, SeaWorld is less than 20 minutes away... another reason why we indulged in the year-long pass.

We had purchased our tickets online ahead of time and that saved a lineup... we quickly made it in to guest services and had our photo ID in less than 10 minutes (with a quick stop for a photo shoot with Grover.) Our first stop... for anyone who knows Sarah... had to be the penguin encounter. Both Gentoo and King penguins entertained us for all of 5 minutes before Alex let us know it was time for something else. Our next
King PenguinsKing PenguinsKing Penguins

Sarah could have stayed and watched the penguins all day.
stop - the monorail... and we were lucky to catch the train in less than 5 minutes, with no line-up. Alex was thrilled. We got a quick overhead look (the train runs overhead, above the attractions) of half the park before getting off at Sesame Beach.

The Sesame Street themed area for kids was great for Alex. We got a carousel ride in along with the chance to drive a truck before the Sesame Street characters took to the stage for Alex's first live show. He wasn't overly impressed by seeing the characters live, but did sit through the entire 20 minute show without deciding to move on.

We spent our lunch time fending off the birds - ibis, noisy miners and a very brazen magpie who swooped in and took a bite from Alex's pizza - right from his hands! After that, a little more walking around the park with a final stop at the Pirate show - which was an acrobatics and diving show in pirate costumes. Overall, a fun morning... when we got home, Alex slept for a good 3 hours until we checked in to make sure he was still alive. We will do it again soon, for sure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

On the CarouselOn the Carousel
On the Carousel

Alex's first true carousel ride


20th July 2011

Sea World
Ok...now your vacations are finally starting to look more like ours!!! So cute. Can't count the hours we spent in line ups to see big bird, mickey mouse, etc. Worth every second. Alex looks so happy! I think you just might use the pass a couple more times!! So glad you're having fun. P.S. My favourite picture is the one with tom sitting in the back of the truck and Alex driving.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb