Beach day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Broadbeach
March 10th 2011
Published: April 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to a beautiful day and no desire to do anything too touristy so we threw on our bathing suits (Aussies call them cozzies or swimming costume). It's not a very far walk to the beach from our beautiful place so we got there in no time. We set up camp, threw our towels down and dad and I headed for the water. It was beautifully warm and yet refreshing from the heat. The waves were pretty big and quite powerful. They have flags set up on the beach to let you know where to swim with a lifeguard on duty.

Apparently there are shark nets in the water but I didn't see any nets. There is also helicopters that are on "shark patrol" and fly up and down the beach looking for any shadows in the water. The waves are really powerful here and we got knocked over a few times. Dad liked to body surf these waves and it was funny to watch him. Both our "cozzies" were full of sand by the time we got out. We got mom to come in a way and she got pretty drenched as well. Dad and I went back in the water again after taking a break.

We headed back to the hotel and showered before heading across the street to the big mall. We stocked up on some groceries and had a brief look around. After a late lunch we did a little walk into the main part of Broadbeach and walked over to the convention center for a look around. Very nice building. Rhianna had just played a concert there a few days earlier. We then walked over to the Casino to check it out. We each put a couple of dollars in and played some of the 1 cent machines. Dad had the most luck winning back what we put in and I won a few dollars.

We casually strolled back to our hotel and made some dinner for ourselves. Early night as we planned to head into Brisbane for the day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb