Getting Organised To go


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Broadbeach
June 14th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just taken delivery!Just taken delivery!Just taken delivery!

Outside my apartment on my first day at the wheel
My Motor Home project started with an idea as I was approaching retirement, as a way of seeing particually those parts of Australia I have not seen to date.

After much research I decided to use a motor home rather than a caravan to accomplish my goals.

I selected a Toyota Coaster bus, late in 2009, recently brought in from Japan, approx 24 seater, 7 metre long, and brought it to be gutted and refitted as a motor home by a firm called First Choice Motor Homes based in Burleigh Heads, Qld.

The technical details for the bus are, 1987 model, auto, diesel, turbo, de luxe version with double fuel tanks (150 litre capacity), and just over 90,000 kms travelled.

The completed outfitting includes, 2 single beds, either side at the rear with a removeable table between them. There is a 2 seater dinette area which can be converted to a 3rd bed. There is a kitchen comprising sink,bench top, cook top (1 electric, 3 gas burners), griller underneath, with plenty of cupboard space underneath including a pull out pantry, 2 door fridge with a microwave shelf above, and a shower and toilet cubicle. In addition there is a hanging cupboard and overhead storage lockers on both sides. Additional storage spaces are available below parts of the single beds and 1 dinette seat.

There is also some storeage at the rear, accessed externaly.

Other inclusions include a 4 metre long wind out awning on the passenger side, 2 solar power panels on the roof, and a reverse cycle air conditioning unit mounted on the roof. Naturally there is also a swivel mounted TV with DVD player built in for entertainment and keeping up with the news etc while travelling.

After a "prooving " run down to Sydney and back, I expect to start on the "real" trip by end of June.

The first leg will be from the Gold Coast to Darwin, travelling west from Gold Coast through Casino, Lismore, Tenterfield to Goondiwindi, north up to Mt Isa, west to main north south road (coming out above Tennant Creek) and then north through Katherine on to Darwin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bench with sink and stovetopBench with sink and stovetop
Bench with sink and stovetop

Nice view while I'm washing up!


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb