Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gladstone
October 1st 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, we finally arrived home safe and sound (though still a bit sick) on the 1st of October. It was a strange feeling to board those first two planes - it hadn't sunk in that we were actually heading back to Oz...it didn't feel real. That changed once we landed in Brisy - and we felt like we had never been away.

Thankfully the customs process went quickly, and we were able to make the domestic flight out of Brisy and back to Gladstone. Cath and Simone were waiting for us at the airport, and it was so great to see some familiar faces...though it felt like I had just seen them both yesterday. Time plays funny tricks on your brain.

Our most exciting moment was being reuinted with our little baby, Jaffa, who at first, licked us to death - then went on to run in and out of the front door. She wouldn't go any further than where we stood, as I don't think she wanted to leave the house. As Izzy lifted the suitcases inside, she gave a few funny barks. It is great being able to give her lots of cuddles after all this time.

So, it's back to reality...no more blogs from us - unless we head on another holiday. I think it's time to enjoy life at home, get through the next few weeks of work, and maybe think about starting a family. Firstly, we will definitely take a little time out to relax and remember the amazing trip we've just had though! Bye for now peeps, and thanks for reading 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 67; dbt: 0.2033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb