Fraser Island Tuesday 26 th April


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
April 27th 2016
Published: April 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Fraser Island Tuesday 26th April
Today we spent the first few hours at Central Station having breakfast and packing up. We are leaving central station today and heading to Eli beach camping after a lunch and laundry stop at Eurong . Spent a few hours there gorging ourselves on cake and bread product and then chips and other awful bits of lunch. Very tasty though but certainly not good for you. Paul and I took the kids for a walk to the beach. We talked to an old lady sitting in an old landcruiser. She was 79 years old and had been coming to Fraser for a very long time. She told us to be very careful with the tides and to not leave too early to Eli camping ground. We took her advice and left about 1.30pm with low tide at 3.50 pm. It was about 30 km to Eli camping ground and what an adventure. We saw 4 planes landing on the beach and got told off by the aviation authorities for getting too close to the landing planes. Paul got the closest and even video taped the landings. We got told off through to CB radio. We got to Eli camping grounds and found no water, toilets or anything else for that matter. It was awful so we decided to move on to the next camping ground which we knew had all of the facilities at a place called Dundaburra. We had to pass Eli creek which was very deep and flowing hard since it had rained. We just drove through it without hesitation. What a thrill that was. The water rushed all over the car. We passed an old ship wreck that has been there since the nineteen thirties. We didn't stop at any of the attractions as we needed to find our accommodation. We will be at Dundaburra for four days if we don't get kicked out tomorrow. We saw another movie tonight and have a big day tomorrow. Still no fishing. We only saw one person fishing. No one is catching. old lady at Europa told us no one was catching due to the weather. Maybe tomorrow might be better.

Advertisement



27th April 2016

Design Locations
Nice to read this blog..Thanks guys for sharing your wonderful experience with us.Really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://design-locations.com

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.6kb