Sunday Fraser Island - complete day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
October 23rd 2014
Published: October 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

It was our final day on the island so we had breakfast and handed I our keys and checked out. There was less of us today as some of the group had left the day before as those people had done 2 days 1 night. I had also put my bag ready for it to be transported over to the mainland and it saved me dragging it around on the bus and into the ferry lol.



Our first stop after the usual long bumpy ride was lake Birrabeen where we took two inflatable paddle boards. It was only a shirt walk from the bus to the lake and we were lucky enough to see another dingo up close only a few meters away form where we were standing and he/she seemed to be quite happy or walk past the group of in lookers happily snapping away.



We stayed there for about an hour and some of the group had play out on the paddle boards before it was time to head back to the bus where weather headed to Eurong Beach Resort for an early all you can eat buffet lunch.



After lunch we headed to Lake Wabby which is a 45 minute track through to trees and woods, it was tough going in the heat and then we had to tackle the sand dunes to get to the lake, it was almost like being I the Sahara lol. But the lake was beautiful and very cold and had those fish in to which nibble your feet lol. We stayed there and hour or so and the had to head back again, in the heat and back up the sand dune which was heard going on the legs and then back along the soft sandy track 45 minutes walk to the bus.



Then it was time to head back, we dropped off some of the group at Eurong resort as they were heading back to Rainbow beach and we had the lovely bumpy ride back to the accommodation as the ferry over to Hervey Bay left from there. We had to wait about 45 minutes before it left so we took a walk on the beach. During the ferry crossing the sun set so I took some shots.



At Hervey Bay we got on to the shuttle bus and picked up my bag and those of other passengers from the office as they had been brought over earlier in the day. I must admit I had a bit of panic that it wasn't going to be there but all my fears washed away when the locker was opened up,and there it was! I love it when a plan comes together :-)



We were dropped off at the greyhound bus station (we being me, Curtis and Jake). It was located near a supermarket and retail park but everything was closed. Luckily there was a subway and a Hogs Breath restaurant which I guess is a bit like an American diner selling burgers and steaks and the usual gubbins. We decided to eat there so we could sit down to eat, take our time and use the loo facilities before catching the 9.20pm bus to Arlie Beach. Suitably fed and watered we waited for the bus which arrived on time, listed our bags and found seats on the bus,for what was likely to be another uncomfortable night on the bus.





Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb