Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
April 8th 2008
Published: April 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane to Hervey Bay
Basically not a lot to say about this rather boring only thing of note is stopping at the Glasshouse mountains

Fraser Island


Whoop Whoop!Fraser is the largest sand island in the world and we spent 3days driving around it in a 4x4 toyota land cruiser (Rather jolly surprise when we turned up to the place and realised the vehicles were bright pink!) and 2nights camping avec alcohol! The night before we had a basic briefing, signing of documents etc and meeting the other six people in our group. The next day we got in our van (me driving looking good!) and cruised on down to the supermarket picked up supplies before heading off to the ferry (which i had to reverse onto on my own attracting a lot of attention, from the crowd of other backpackers, in my bright pick van). The first day we cruised around went for a walk and went to lake Wabi for a little swim with some cat fish before proceding up the east side of the island to camp on the beach there. Next Day we headed up to the top of the island to see Indian heads (a massive headland with great views) and Champagne pools where the waves crash over rocks into pools suitable for swimming and guess what it looks like? After a heavy night and an early morning to watch the sunrise we headed to the beautiful lake Mckenzie for our last day to mostly sleep only interrupted by the odd Dingo attack!




Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb