Sunshine Coast, Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 8th 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everybody!

It's me Carolina writing. After indy we strated our roadtrip up north trough the coast. So far it's been awsome! When Heidi was still here we went to Australia Zoo, which is founded by the crazy aussie guy Steve Irwin. We got to feed kangaroos, see koalas and watch a crocodile show. When we got there it started to rain heavily! It didn't stop us though, the weather was still nice and warm.

After a fieve hours at the zoo we took a looooooong bus ride to Noosa that is a small pretty tourist attraction on the coast. We stayed at a hostel for two nights and enjoyed Noosa's breathtaking nature and wildlife. As Heidi only had two weeks to spend here down under she was determined to get a tan that would last the rest of the dark and long Finnish winter. A funny thing happened one night at the hostel's bar, a french guy sat down in our table and asked me if I remember him...I looked at him for a while and then I remembered that he was the guy that I traveled with to Brisbane in June. What are the odds!

Enough of Noosa, after two night's there we took a bus to Rainbow beach from where the jeep safari to Fraser Island was arranged. The same day we met our group and started to plan our three day trip. The next day we took off with the jeep louded with food and camping gear. On our firts day it started to rain which turned into a pretty crazy thunderstorm! That night in a tent was an extreme experience! Fortunately the tents was state of the art!

The last two days the weather was on our side and we got to enjoy the amazing lakes and the bumpiest rides ever. Driving on dirt roads with a 4WD was so much fun! Jani got see dingos the other night as he walked down to the beach to watch the stars. On Fraser it gets really dark because there's no lights anywhere and that makes the stars look amazing and dingos hard to spot. He got a bit spooked as he was there alone but fortunatlely dingos are more afraid of us. The last day when we where on our way to the ramp the car broke down! After waiting for three hours in the middle of nowhere we got towed back to Rainbow Beach. Overall Faser was an awsome experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb