Fraser Island - NEVER AGAIN!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 25th 2006
Published: December 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ready for a moan......

Fello travellers have been saying how amazing Fraser Island is.... hmmmm... well - i would definately dissagree, if you enjoy pissing in the bush and digging a whole in the sand to go a shit then whilst doing your business you have to watch out you don't get bitten by a deadly spider, snake or even a dingo then yeah suppose you could say it is amazing... but really - nah not my cuppa tea!

We had a group of 11 people in a self drive 4x4 - 4 guys (3 Israli's and 1 English bloke) and us 7 girlies, the guys thought themselves Micheal Schumacher driving as fast as possible along the sandy beaches - which was bloody scary as we nearly rolled the car a few time and even crashed into a wash out which was about my hip height, the front bonet was facing down into the wash out!! i completely freaked out on the guys and ending up in tears due to panicking and stressing myself out continuesly shouting out 'SLOW DOWN!' but do boys ever listen to girls NO! (Kelly i know what you would say to me if you were there 'She's histerical - slap her' lol )

We named our group 'Team Extreme' but apparently the other groups had named us 'Team Fuck-Up' I could see their point after continuesly screwing up - every other minute we would be stuck in the heavy thick sand, 10 of us would have to get out the car and give the car a push then once we got out of one patch we'll end up in another - try pushing a 4x4 loaded with food and camping gear when stuck in scorching hot sand and all you have on you feet are a pair of rubber thongs (flip flops) it's not what i call amazing!

We did manage to visit a couple of 'points of interest' Lake Mackenzie - which is a stunning freash water lake and we hiked for about an hour over scorching sand to a so called 'champagne pool' yea right my arse! champagne you think nice and bubbly - nope not at all, i went for a quick dip and found a million of these red jelly things surrounding my body, god knows what they were but i'm sure it wasn't strawberries floating in the 'champagne'

I can't really say too much more about Fraser Island - I hated it and I was basically ready to catch the next flight home 😞




Advertisement



14th December 2006

Lady Jo Jo!!
Sounds like your having an adventure.... with the good comes the grim and dirty occassionally but I'm sure all those other places make up for Frazer Island!! Biking, Diving, Hiking... Is it time for you to dump those heels and ghds lady?!?!? Cant wait for the next installment. Miss ya xx
15th December 2006

GHD's
i've ditched the heels - but c'mon the GHD's ????!!!! surely thats a no no lol xx
16th December 2006

Happy Christmas
Hi Jo, lovely to hear from you again, even if you were having a moan! Oh well, at least you don't have to go back there ever! Have a fab xmas day, and new year! Keep us posted with what you're opto! Lots of love, Lara xx

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb