Queensland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Currumbin
December 4th 2006
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

KoalaKoalaKoala

One of the many we have!
We left Victoria and flew to Queensland on December 4th. We were met at the airport by Katy-Ann (my cousin’s wife for those who don’t know!). Denis and Katy-Ann live a block off the beach in Currumbin.
We spent one day at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary which was also just down the road from their apartment. The Sanctuary is a 20hectures zoo for various types of native animals. We spent most of the day taking pictures of the koalas and kangaroos! We also got our picture taking with a koala, Dave the big man was worried about it crapping on him that’s why he’s holding it away from him! We also watched a birds of prey show where we had a Wedge Tail Eagle swooping over the tops of our heads! It was a great place to visit and if anyone is ever in the area it’s highly recommended.
The second day we bummed around not doing much as we had to fly out of Brisbane at 5:30pm. Katy-Ann dropped us off at a train station and we took that all the way to the airport.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

WombatWombat
Wombat

Home Sweet Home! You don't want to piss off these animals since they have a metal plate over their butt that can destroy a car!
I'm hungryI'm hungry
I'm hungry

Dave feeding the one-eyed Kangaroo that tried to jump him!
Currumbin BeachCurrumbin Beach
Currumbin Beach

Pretty Blue


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb