Collecting Ourselves at Cunnamulla - S/W QLD.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cunnamulla
September 26th 2013
Published: October 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Eulo to Cunnamulla

A short 70km drive east into Cunnamulla.

After leaving that dust storm behind us in Eulo we were impressed to find a caravan park with green grass, gardens and clean amenities. We only stayed two nights here by the Warrego River but it felt very relaxing and even luxurious. This is what happens when you've been bush for so long, the little comforts become welcomed treats. TV reception was one requirement. Dave was happy to be able to watch the Footy finals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Cunnamulla FellaCunnamulla Fella
Cunnamulla Fella

Lovely rose gardens in the main street and of course the statue of the larrikin character written about in 50's by Stan Coster and then later, Slim Dusty sang.
Artesian Time TunnelArtesian Time Tunnel
Artesian Time Tunnel

A bit of fun. We were put in a shaking, sound effects elevator and taken back in time to learn about the Artesian Basin.
Map of the Artesian BasinMap of the Artesian Basin
Map of the Artesian Basin

It takes 2 million years for the water to surface in deserts of Australia after it enters at the Great Dividing Range. The water from bores have been used so extensively the pressure has decreased, causing many natural springs to stop flowing. State governments have begun a capping process, so there will be no more free flowing bores wasting huge amounts of water.
Art GalleryArt Gallery
Art Gallery

Features local artists. Quite good.
Mmm GardensMmm Gardens
Mmm Gardens

Heaps of bees collecting pollen.
Pretty in PinkPretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Judy, the caravan park owner actually grew the roses in town as well as in her park. She's an amazing woman. Lost her husband 2 years back and can't hold her down.
IrisIris
Iris

She also grew herbs and fresh veges we could pick. Very tasty.
Warrego RiverWarrego River
Warrego River

Judy has created a little flair around the park, such as the wind chime in the corner.
Friday Night RafflesFriday Night Raffles
Friday Night Raffles

Lily won a squeaky chop.
The Old Chook RaffleThe Old Chook Raffle
The Old Chook Raffle

This lady won the grand prize, to kiss the old chook.
Alan Tannock WierAlan Tannock Wier
Alan Tannock Wier

A good few km bike ride to the weir.
Boys will be BoysBoys will be Boys
Boys will be Boys

A sand dune walk with a little entertainment. It was a nice little stop over to collect ourselves and catch up on a few chores....decided to head east 50kms to a working station for a different experience.....see the next blog!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb