12 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cooktown
July 12th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The journey towards Cooktown began early.<span><span>It was hard yakka for the van as we were on the incline almost the entire way.

The mountains on the horizon were covered by thick low lying clouds, fields of lush green crops swayed in the breeze and you could almost see the humidity in the air.....it was as if we had been transported to South East Asia.

Cooktown itself is a laid back place to be and it was nice to see a small country town not engulfed by shopping chains.<span> After a quick gander around we headed out to Endeavour River Escape.<span> Our hosts showed us to our campsite which was in an area set aside for campers on a farm that produces passionfruit and also breeds Clydesdales.

We continue to be very fortunate to stay in such unreal spots around the country.<span> After setting up we took a walk around nearby paddocks and collected fire wood.<span> Fortunately we managed to get the fire going even though it had been very wet the past few days.<span> Great times sitting back with a red and enjoying the warm glow while Rachel whipped up some damper.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb