day1 27.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Charleville
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Left home and destination Molong. Well we finally got on the road at 9.50 a.m. leaving the cold and rain at home.

We had a few minor mishaps for our first day, but shit happens. Not even 5 mins into our journey warwick was adjusting the brakes and due to that I spilt my coffee all over my ¾ white pants, then when we got to Mt Ousley warwick couldn’t remember shutting the garage door, so I rang glen and Leanne to check we expected Glen to give us a ribbing about that when we get home if he remembers.

Then just over an hour I had a hypo, so out came the lollies and soft drink. We stopped at Lithgow for lunch then stopped for fuel at Lithgow which was 165.9c and used 38 litres.

I have to admit I was boring company for Warwick due to weeks of lack of sleep and extremely hard work commitments I slept and apparently snored most of the day.

The first night we pulled up at Molong caravan park powered site $21 2.5 star 3paws star rating. Pretty basic and empty 2 permanents 1 cabin lights on and us. Oh forgot to mention at the garage Warwick noticed water pouring out of one of the van tanks, we are hoping its just the connection to the tank and we aren’t up for a new water tank.

We had Chinese for dinner pretty average but it was hot. Dogs are travelling well we need them to drink more; we decided not to set up the TV. So we are going to play computer games bloody cold heater will be on all night.


Advertisement



5th August 2008

count down
Looking good, wish we were on your trail,travel safe and enjoy every day,your blog is great.bye for now ATH KLEEN
10th August 2008

Hi Ath, Kleen
Yeah , I know you two would be on the road now if you could but hey not long and we will be waving you both off , but you 3 including buddy of course will going with no time limit and good on ya , worked hard all your lives time to just enjoy and live it .. At Katherine going on a river cruise in morning and a helicopter flight well I got talked into that one , she who is afraid of heights , hope they have spare big undies hahaha catch up with you soon l..marg, warwick

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb