CARNARVON GORGE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Carnarvon Gorge
June 8th 2011
Published: June 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The Amphitheatre? 50 secs
Campfire PeteCampfire PeteCampfire Pete

Every chance he gets we have a fire and cook our dinner on it. Always tastes great but we sure do stink of smoke.
After leaving Cania Gorge we headed on our way to see Carnarvon Gorge stopping for a couple of nights at a "free camp" on the Dawson river at Moura. This was our first experience camping in a free area so we were a bit dubious about what it would be like. It was great! So hopefully there will be more to come. Once again this is usually a good fishing spot but since the floods nothing has been caught. Lucky I bought enough meat for every night! Peter is having a great time playing camp-fire bushman. He is starting to look like some kind of wild bushman too!

While Max got babysat at a caravan park at Rolleston Peter and I went hiking some of the tracks at Carnarvon Gorge. It is absolutley beautiful! We looked at 4 of the most popular spots which took us just over 4 hours and 14km. I'm sure we will go back again to see some more. The caravan park people were very impressed with max's perfect behaviour and said how lucky we were to have such a good dog!...If only they new!

From here we are off to see The Gemfields
Wards Canyon Carnarvon GorgeWards Canyon Carnarvon GorgeWards Canyon Carnarvon Gorge

Vey hot walking on the main track through the gorge but as soon as we got into this canyon the temperature dropped a fair bit and it was quite cold in here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Stairs to The AmphitheatreStairs to The Amphitheatre
Stairs to The Amphitheatre

Peter playing silly bugger on the ladder back down from the amphitheatre.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb