BFN Tours


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape York
July 18th 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
Just a quick update before we disappear in the cape for the next few days.
We fare welled our travel companions Julie and Craig at Mt Surprise as their inferior vehicle is not up to the testing conditions ahead. They have been great company and we will miss them as we travel north.
The last few day has been very full. A visit to the Lava tubes in Undarra- impressive mostly for their sheer size and way they are formed. Then on to Chillagoe via a very pretty 4WD track and some bush camping by the Chillagoe creek. The cave at Chillagoe are amazing sort of like Jenolan. We also looked around the smelter site a photographers dream dilapidated buildings rusty machinery and red dirt hill and brick smoke stacks.
The next day saw us move to Dimbulah just out of Mareeba to camp but we spent most of the day restocking before going to the Mareeba Rodeo. A huge event up here. It was great definately no shortage of action with bull riding, bare back, barrell racing etc.
Yesterday saw us take the scenic route up to Mt Mulligan and the Tryconnel mine which was also amazing. The gold mines were huge in these parts. The road was fun negociating bull dust and deep deep dips and even Callum got to do a water crossing.
We camped last night at Laura and today are going exploring in the Lakeland National Park. Then on to tackle the river crossings crocs and barras.
Will add some pics when I get to the cape. Hope all are well down south.
Cheers
Lee, Tim, Callum, Bushy and Chris.

Advertisement



19th July 2010

Hey Guys
Glad you are having fun...... I was just thinking how great this part of the trip would have been for Connor but he is definitely looking forward to his holiday with you whereever you will be going. Thanks for keeping in touch...I guess I will probably give you a ring a few days before Connor flies out just to check you are on schedule. It all sounds fabulous. Stay safe. Love Leannex

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb