Australia Adventures day 17: Live-aboard day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » open water
August 25th 2014
Published: August 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi again,

So day two of the dive live-aboard began early, because the morning dive was at 7:30 am. The water was 22 degrees, and the sight was again 25+ meters. Beautiful conditions. A dive of 44 minutes and saw some great fish: morray eels, picasso trigerfish, cornetfidh and a napoleon wrasse! The last one, is an enormous big fish. It is about a meter in width and a little more than a meter long. But so beautiful to see such a big creature that is actually not so shy and really friendly. The second dive was already at 11:00 am, after a great breakfast. 41 minutes bottomtime and 25 degrees celsius water. This was the best dive so far because I saw a green sea turtle! It came out of a dark rock area up in front of us and started eating some corals and just relaxed around. So lovely! I called him Dave. Dave the turtle ^^. But morr than Dave, we saw some giant trevallys, diverse parrotfishes and a banner fish. Dive number three was at 3:00 pm, only 34 minutes because of the cold and 24 degrees celsius. Some fish were a school of humpheaded parrotfish, a beautiful purple nudibranch (snail), many spotted sweet lips and a clown triggerfish. I really wanted to do the second night dive, because of the great experience of the night before, but just before the dive I decided not to go because I did not feel that good. Little dizzy and some headache. So I took a sea sick pill and went to bed. A great dive day though!

Kisses from Rosalinde

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb