My Cairns Reef Cruise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » open water
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday , 21st September, and what a stunning Cairns day to go to the Barrier Reef... and what a great choice to go on "Reef Quest", from Cairns which gave us an absolutely unforgettable day at the great barrier reef.
After flying from Adelaide this morning I was due some nice hot weather. It was a bit chillier than I had predicted and I was glad I had packed Jeans and a warm jacket!
I've been holidaying in Cairns for almost 10 years and have been out on quite a few Reef Trips and let's face it, they all do pretty much the same day: 2 reefs, snorkelling gear, lunch and afternoon tea - so it's the dive sites and little extras that count.

From the time you get on the boat to the time you get off, the service and crew are impressive. The staff to passenger numbers are really high, as there was always someone right there to assist with any queries or requests. The crew seem genuinely content and their service and attention were great.

Reef Quest provide a wetsuit for everyone which is normally an extra (usually $5.00 hire) on other trips. As a snorkeller a wetsuit provides you with sun protection and also buoyancy which makes snorkelling simpler and more fun.

Reef Quest have a choice of 16 different dive sites and choose the best 2 reefs based on the winds and currents. A guided snorkelling option is also available at both sites and this is a real bonus for first time snorkelers or anyone wanting to find out a little bit more about the reef. The snorkel guide dives down and picks up things like sea cucumbers and bits of dead coral and brings them up so you can all have a good look. They also know where the nicest coral is, so it does add a bit to the great barrier reef experience.

The meal was yum with lots of variety including pasta salad, rice salad, Greek salad, local fruits, cold meats, bread rolls and prawns. There is tea and coffee and cold water available all day.

To sum things up it was a top quality day.

Resource

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb