Day 8 - Airlie Beach to Tully then Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
July 5th 2017
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This day was a travelling day. We got up at 4am in order to get the bus to get to the train. The trains in australia seem to run late regardless so the kind bus driver took us to a bakery which was open early as all the 'Tradies' start at a ridiculous time in the morning. The rest of the time was filled with playing catch with a tennis ball, something to keep Fabio happy!



The train arrived and it was incredible, so much leg room and nice big seats. There were also built in tvs in the headrest and a choice of films, tv programmes and music. Alex and I decided we would watch Hercules together, the picture was the cartoon one but as soon as we pressed play we looked at each other. It had the wrong album cover and it was the Hercules with the 'real people'. First world problems! But we watched anyway. A few movies later it was time for Alex to do her challenge. Sure enough she stranded up in the aisle and danced to the macarena - good on her!



We pulled into Tully and made our way to Chloe's Cafe which is run by aboriginals and we got to learn a bit about their history and painted boomerangs. They read us a story and we had to portray it on the boomerang - excellent.



The next stage was a private bus to our hostel in Cairns. An hours drive was entertained with the longest game of word association I have ever played, eye spy, guess who and 21. We finally reached the hostel. We agreed to meet back and ordered a cheeky dominos then some of us chilled by the pool, then played some football. After chatting and playing card games we headed off to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb