Cairns update


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
June 13th 2014
Published: June 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So, we made it to Cairns, with car and trailer lights all working, thanks to the auto-electrician Grant convinced to work on our car at the drop of a hat.

Arrived Tuesday afternoon to the Coconut Caravan Resort - which is the boys' favourite place in the world after we visited here 5 years ago. Set up camp in the drizzling rain, and headed off to our first of many outdoor movies for the week.

Wednesday saw us restocking with food and errands, plus a leisurely stroll along the Cairns Esplanade (squeezing in a beer, gelati and latte here and there). On Thursday we decided to make the most of the wet weather and took a drive up to Kuranda for a beautiful walk through the Kuranda rainforest, as well as some retail therapy at the Kuranda markets. Also managed to catch up with my cousin Hayley and her husband and gorgeous lad, Jax. He was quite taken with our boys (as they were with him!).

Today we mixed with the beautiful people in Palm Cove and Trinity Beach (well, we had hamburgers, whilst watching them dine 5 star!). Palm Cove was beautiful, but quite elite touristy while
Trinity Beach was a little more our style. Both gorgeous though....and still wet and humid! When we arrived back at the caravan park, the boys had a great time in the pool while I relaxed in the warm spa - can't really complain!

Tomorrow we're looking forward to a cruise out to the Barrier Reef, snorkeling, glass bottom boat, semi submersible pontoon, and hopefully not quite so much rain. Although we have been telling ourselves that it won't really matter when we're underwater anyway.

We keep hearing about the freezing, wet and wild weather at home and whilst we have had rain every day so far, the 28 degrees is quite pleasant in comparison.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement





Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb