I may be nuts!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
November 20th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again,

Two weeks ago i had a awesome experience!
I went on a trip to the north east side of Australia.
To be specific Cairns was the destination we were heading for... yes i wasn't alone
The ealier mentioned alexis and piere, which is a friend from my class, where with me on this advanture.

Well when we arrived with the plane everything went smooth and by the time we got to our accomodation appartment that we had arranged everything still went smooth! The appartment it self was very awesome aswell. Though i didn't thought that tropic towers sounded that sophisticated the truth was that is was quite awesome. we had a kitchen, livingroom, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom, which even had a washing machine! I was shocked by the quality.

Well back to the awesome things that are fun to talk about because we didnt just sad around our appartment all day.
on the contrary, the following morning not later than 7.30 a boat would pick us up at the harbour for activity one "Fitch Roy island". it is basically an island where we could swim in the sea, snorkel and walk in my first tropical forest ever!
While we were walking it even started to rain to give us that extra forest feeling i always imagined with a tropical forest. The boat ride to the island was fun too (i know the storie isn't that cronological). We saw numorous mountains and lots of trees, which is not that weird for a tropical FOREST! Alot of people also asked me if i saw alot of animals and i will give you guys the same answer i give everybody. I saw lizards, spiders, big foot, yeti and a lochness monster.
NOOOOO i did NOT see alot of animals!

The following day we had to be out of bed 6.30 because a bus would pick us up for one of the most awesome activities of all. This activity was beyond any other in an EXTREME way. it was so EXTREME that i have no idea if anything else in the world could be more EXTREME. I'm ofcourse talking about the EXTREME rafting expierence. The feeling you have while youre in a boat with your EXTREME buddies looking down an EXTREME river is alot of EXTREME fun and gives you the feeling of EXTREME power. Putting this EXTREMEness into words is quite impossible so i will refer to my EXTREME pictures on my EXTREME facebook page. See the EXTREME link to the EXTREME pictures and more EXTREME stuff on the end of this EXTREME trip report.

Exhausted from the EXTREME day we had the day before we again had to be at the harbour at 7.30 for a boat. The reason i did not call the following the most awesome activity ever is because what we did that day was so special and new for me that i am still totally flabbergasted by this. The boat had to bring us an hour into deep water but then suddenly the boat was at the great barrier reef. Less than 2 hours later after some instructions i was standing in full diving gear ready to jump into the water. The tank on my back was like a feather in the water and diving it self was so extremely simpel that i have no idea why people say it is difficult. I must say that i was pretty scared of the thought of diving at first but having a friend with 8 year diving experience i kind of felt ok! Piere went in another group because he was in posession of this 8 year experience and so my guide was not Piere but a random other awesome dude.

The last day with activitys was an aboriginal expierence day and i can tell you this day is after all the awesome things of the past few days nice, relaxing and utterly boring incomparison with the other days. Now dont jump of your chair saying that i could expect that But i did not expect a morning in a bus with some dude telling stuff we could see from miles away. For your own entertainment, I will skip the whole morning! ................
....... and after that we caught the crocodile it was lunch time! The best thing about lunch was dilicious homemade icecream, which was made with local fruit only. After that we went hunting for crab and shels on the beach aboriginal style. That was actually awesome and costed more energy than antisipated.

The last day we where out to have lunch with another friend of mine who happened to be in the neighbourhood.
We went to a nice beach/harbour lounge place where we had louds of fun. Two hours later we were back on the plane and remembered that we had to make homework. SHIT WE FORGOT TO MAKE HOMEWORK!!
Yes i felt beyond stupid but i totally forgot school while i was out having this top notch experience.

I was so happy and enjoyed everything so much more after this trip. I was completely over the moon till last monday when my host fam in blacktown decided that the week without me was so much better than with me that they kind of threw me out. On the positive site, my new host fam is closer to the city (only 30 minutes with the train) and this house is completely clean (no bugs in the shower this time MWHAHAHA). On the other side of the coin, i was so shocked by the whole event that i became quite emotional and well lets say that they could not coop with that. Now the whole situation is a bit of a scar on my sydney fun.

But they can't spoil my fun! Next week i have my speaking exam and that is gonna be fun and i will have to studie alot. Thats why in preparation for that difficult exam im going to see harry potter 7 in the i max and play laser game after that to feel like im 6 years old. Dont ask me why but just concider the fact that i may be nuts!
Some people might think that but i know it is not my fault!

Advertisement



20th November 2010

Pictures
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=302997&id=694215852
20th November 2010

spiffy!
absolutely marvelous story Rob! Good luck w studying and don't let stupid people ruin your experience in Sydney - they're not worth it.. miss you brother!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb