Good Things on the way to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
August 4th 2010
Published: August 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After leaving the caravan park at Innisfail, we drove to Coquette Point, a place mentioned in the tourist brochures as worth a visit. What was great about this little side tour was that on the way we got great views from the hilltop of the town and surrounding paddocks and hills. Coquette Point was at the end of the road we'd taken, quite a nice little spot on the banks of the Johnstone River.

It's a pretty drive north from Innisfail. The fabulous dark jagged hills are ever-present and we've passed several signs to several waterfalls in the hills. Today we decided to go and look at one ... Josephine Falls. We turned off the highway and drove down a road fringed in sugar cane and bananas, until we came to a parking lot at the foot of the mountain. It was cool following the path going through the rainforest, a tinkling stream beside the path, tall trees and vines and interesting plants and mosses. 700 metres on, we came to the waterfall ... first a bottom pool and a further walk beside the gushing water to the top of the falls. Though not very high, there was a tremendous amount of water gushing down to the bottom pool, quite lovely. We went back into the motor home and drove further down to the creek where in parts the water was running over stones, pretty, but the Watch for Crocodiles sign made me not want to stay there too long.

Once we got to Cairns, we drove around town, first stopping to get our mail Jason and Jules had sent to us, thank you Jason and Jules. Cairns always gives me a buzz, it’s crowded with backpackers and holidaymakers but is always a great place to visit. Our caravan park is big and crowded too, but there are lots of palm trees and all sorts of amusement for the campers - tennis courts, pools, jumping pillow etc. We'll enjoy our three nights here ... the bus to town is just outside the door so we can set up and use public transport .. all good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Josephine CreekJosephine Creek
Josephine Creek

Watch for crocodiles!!
Walsh's PyramidWalsh's Pyramid
Walsh's Pyramid

an interesting mountain south of Cairns


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb