RAFTING!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 6th 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

RAFTING today!!!!! Woke up last night at 2am because the fire alarm was going off, marvellous! So not much sleep for the lizard :-( We had such a fantastic time white water rafting today, it was so much fun, i think it's the best day out we've had all along the east coast .. We had a Scottish raft "guide", Chris, and we were in a raft with 7 really nice English lads. I thought I'd spend the whole time in the water but actually only one guy fell in, the only time we all fell in was when they made us all sit on the edge of the raft saying that was the best way to go down the rapid and then they tipped the raft up. Suckers. The weather was great and the scenery down the Tully River was beautiful. We got to swim down some of the river, jumped off a huge rock and got soaked going under waterfalls. Then back to watch the videos they'd taken and see the photos of the trip, which were hilarious. As you're only really concentrating on what you're doing you don't notice that much of what's happening in the rest of the raft, or in other peoples' rafts, so it was so funny seeing everyones' faces and what had been going on when we'd been going down the rapids. I've got a great picture of me helping the guy who fell in up onto the raft and everyone else is just pissing themselves and not helping at all. Also there were loads of Japanese doing the rafting and they're absolutely priceless when they go down the rapids - screaming and giggling. It was quite tiring as Chris was basically shouting orders at us most of the time "LEFT!! RIGHT!! GET DOWN!!!"and my arms ached soooo much that night, oh my god!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb