Its all become Clear


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Inn The Tropics
August 31st 2009
Published: September 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post


DAY 297


I scampered out of bed relatively early this morning, I am sleeping well, really well, its great being settled in a lovely house but my soul is restless and I suppose that I am missing the freedom that comes with travelling, also I am missing going to bed with the sounds of nature filling our world, but never the less this will not last forever, so while it gives us a chance to regroup and get important stuff sorted then we are thankful.

I have a jotter pad next to the computer and write down everything that we need to do, some things get done faster than others but today we were going to try to get a new windscreen fitted in the Patrol, it took a big hit on the Savannah Way and since then produced a large crack.

Caroline dragged her backside out of bed, after I took her a cup of tea, that was an hour earlier, but these little treats are what life is all about.

We sat and discussed the things that needed doing today, the first thing was to phone Cameras Direct and sort out the order that Caroline placed on Friday afternoon, after making an online order and putting in credit card details, it seems that no order was placed, there was no email confirmation so a phone call to them and a very helpful person on the other end, the order was soon sorted out.

Then Caroline phoned the insurance company who were so helpful, it was unreal, they put us through on a 3 way conversation to the windscreen company called O’Briens in Cairns, and Paul said we could either bring it in a Midday today or have a mobile unit call on us tomorrow (Tuesday).

We opted to drive in to Cairns and have it done straight away, as it just gets it over and done with, so we gets our stuff together and set off.

O’Briens is a national company, they are extremely professional and very helpful, they tell us we can either sit here for 2 Hours as that’s how long it will take, or we can go and have a wander and they will call us when the job is done.

The “wander off” has it so we set off down the road towards the Botanical Gardens, but we decided against going in as two hours wouldn’t do it justice and we could come back and do it whilst in Cairns at a later date.

Sitting in the shade we enjoy a coffee and read the newspaper it is going to be easy people watching and catching up on local news and of course the gossip in the magazines.

Two hours soon goes by and we pick up our belongings and wander back to O’Briens, sit for 10 minutes and the Patrol is driven back out for us to jump in to as she is all done.

We are quite amazed how ever hard we try to stay on top of the truck we have never seen the windscreen this clean before, its quite a treat.

We get back to Bay view heights at around 2.30 and get a cup of tea on the go, I am restless and start looking at job sites to satisfy my yearning to find some work.

The afternoon just disappears in the blink of and eye, and soon we are sitting watching the 6.00pm news I was amazed with what I had heard on the weather report. The weather is unseasonably warm at the moment in Northern Queensland, and no rain has been had for ages, The weatherman said that in Brisbane it was hotter at Midnight than it was at Mid day the day before, how bizarre is that?

I called our fiend Richard Cordukes, who if you remember is the most inspirational guy, whom we met is Tasmania then again in Darwin, he had unfortunately broken a rib whilst leaning out of his wheelchair and due to his situation the hospital at Kununurra decided to keep him in, as he will struggle to look after himself. We phoned him the other day and he seemed a little out of it thanks to a good dollop of pain killers, so I thought I would just give him a call to see how he was getting on.

He seemed to be a lot better, though a little bored he was on the mend, thankfully the hospital had decided to keep him there so he could be looked after and not get up to any more mischief.

So our unexciting night was telly ‘til late then bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb