Cairns...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
June 19th 2012
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our final stop in Australia and after a couple of days sunbathing by the pool Gary and Lou joined us and the activities began!

We went white water rafting on Tully River. It was so much fun!! As well as the rafting we got to jump off 6-8m rocks and swim through some rapids nearly drowning. The first was the 'wave train' which each wave pulled you under and you had about half a second to grab a breath before being draged under again and so on and so on... Rachel didnt like this one! The other was the 'drowning simulator' where you slid down rocks into a deep pool where the current pulled you further down, Rachel and Gary were only down for a few seconds but Paul went down for a very long 8 seconds!! It was great day out with 'Xtreme' people.

We also got to go snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef at Michaelmas Cay. It was beautiful! We saw so many big colourful fish and could even hear the Parrot fish chomping on the corals. We were lucky enough to see 2 turtles, each of us at some point followed the turtle which was amazing!

We had some amazing meals and finally got to try skippy the kangaroo... delicious! Thank you Gary and Lou for coming and joining us we had a brilliant few days and was such a good way to finish the Australia trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Xtreme Team!!Xtreme Team!!
Xtreme Team!!

Pauls the one in the middle...honest


8th July 2012

Slackers!
You are obviously having fun in Malaysia as you haven't updated your blog for 3 weeks..........It's cold back in Adelaide.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb